Rachael Maddox is a trauma resolution educator, coach and guide who’s helped hundreds of women and men resolve their sexual trauma and reclaim their pleasure, power and wholeness. In her first book, Secret Bad GIrl, Rachael tells the story of her return to wildness, sensuality, health and embodied safety after a decade living under the trauma spell. Her next book, Sex After Trauma, publishes fall 2018, and is written to help people navigate life between the sheets after they’ve been through the worst of it.
Rachael and I first met many years ago as we established our coaching practices at around the same time. I adore her realness and her depth and I can’t think of anyone I would rather be discussing sexual trauma. We talk about the #metoo campaign and how this might be impacting you right now, what happens when we have a trauma response and what to do to compassionately take care of yourself. There IS life after trauma and you can heal.
- What a trauma response feels like and what to do when you feel a trauma trigger.
- How our bodies protect us from danger and how our flight, fright, freeze response can sometimes leave us unable to respond.
- Why sexual trauma was never, ever your fault (no matter what you said or did, or wore; no matter what you drank or had already agreed to).
- The complex concept of consent.
- How we can educate young people to create a sex-positive culture.
- What polyamory can teach all of us about talking about what we need and desire.
- The first step to resolving trauma.
- Your body has the map to lead you home.
- Rachael Maddox – Trauma Resolution Educator, Coach & Guide
- Rachael on Instagram & Facebook
- The Wheel of Consent: Betty Martin
- Esther Perel