The Self-esteem Team is the UK’s leading mental health school-based programme. Founded in 2013 by Nadia Mendoza and Grace Barrett, the team have since worked with tens of thousands of young people, written a book approved by doctors, and continue to tirelessly tour the UK’s schools in their bid to equip young people with tools to navigate their mental health and build self-esteem.
Co-founder Grace Barrett and I chat about how we can help our kids, nieces nephews and the young people in our lives, to cultivate self-esteem.
- The pressure parents can put themselves under.
- What kids and young people are really concerned about.
- How we can talk to young people about social media.
- Why you don’t ever have to pretend you have it all together as a parent.
- What to say and do instead!
- The Self-esteem Team
- Instagram | Twitter | Facebook for SET
- The UK Children’s Commissions report: Life in Likes